The month of August has been a blur.
The students took their final exams and many did well. They were very worried, which took me aback as they are graduate students. Throughout the semester, I was intentional with explaining and demonstrating my expectations and some met the challenge. I do hope they continue with improving their writing and develop a love for reading.
I enjoy participating on Defense Panels. I have had the opportunity to participate on many Master Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation defenses. It also has offered me the opportunity of learning the existing challenges in Sierra Leone and West Africa, as well as meet and interact with members from academia in several content areas.
The Department of Public Health held a summer bridge program in collaboration with Bologna University. I was invited to participate on the launch of the program. It was the first summer bridge project for three diploma programs. I felt honored to participate and address the students. I wish them much success on their education and aspiring careers. I have attached a few pictures of the event with the Italian professors and the campus Provost sitting at my left. I look forward to meeting with the students toward the end of the program and discuss their learning.
Bye for now.
Nancy


No comments:
Post a Comment